Clearly we love penguins – we just launched our penguin-inspired bottle design. And we love homes. So what about penguins’ homes? Antarctica is where a lot of them live, and due to global warming its ice sheets are melting fast. We sure wouldn’t want our home to melt, so we’re taking steps to minimize our impact on the climate.
With global warming as one of the greatest challenges humanity has
ever faced, we believe businesses have a role to play in finding
solutions. We at method are keen to be leaders in showing that a
low-carbon business can be a successful business. Here’s what we’re
- We offset all the carbon emitted by the work travel and daily commute of all our employees, as well as for the energy used by our offices and to make our products.
- We work with our suppliers and factories to help identify the most energy efficient ways to produce our products.
- We design products that take less energy to make, ship and use - for example concentrated laundry detergent and bottles made from recycled plastic.
But that's not all. You can make an impact too. There is a wealth of great tips to reduce your carbon footprint. Here are some of our faves:
- Eat more veggies. Meat takes over 10 times the carbon to produce one serving than veggies do. One pound of beef produces 12 pounds of carbon.
- Ride a bike or take public transit. Cars are among the biggest producers of carbon in the US, so try leaving it in the driveway more often.
insulation for your home. This is an easy one: save money on heating
and AC bills, and reduce your footprint by updating your insulation.
To check out some more tips on what you can do to help reduce climate change, visit the EPA website to learn more.